What's going on this weekend?
- When: Saturday, January 26 at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: West Chester University, Madeleine Wing Adler Theatre
- Why Go: Runa draws on the diverse musical backgrounds of its band members and offers a contemporary and refreshing approach to traditional, and more recently composed, Celtic material. Through their repertoire of both highly energetic and graceful, acoustic melodies, along with their fusion of music from Ireland, Scotland, Canada, and the United States, this vocal and instrumental ensemble gives its arrangements of traditonal songs and tunes a fresh sound.
- Cost: Adults $20, Seniors/Students $15
- When: Sunday, Jan. 27 from 7 p.m. - Midnight
- Where: Chester County Historical Society
- Why Go: Enjoy a night of open bar, catered food, live music and more - all benefitting local charities.
- Cost: $50
West Chester Area Community Chorus Winter Concert
- When: Sunday, Jan. 27 at 2 p.m.
- Where:East High School 450 Ellis Ln, West Chester
- Why Go: Now in its 17th year, the growing West Chester Area Community Chorus, including 100+ choral members, will present its Winter Concert beginning at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 27, 2013 in the East High School Auditorium at 450 Ellis Lane, West Chester, PA. As frequent attendees and guests can attest, the concert features a variety of musical arrangements, including Broadway, pop, folk, classical, spirituals, and more. Reserve your $5 ticket by contacting us in advance by email at email@example.com or purchase tickets at the door, space allowing.
- Cost: $5
- When: Sunday, Jan. 27 from 2- 7 p.m.
- Where: The Note, 142 E Market Street, West Chester
- Why Go: The New Kings of Rhythm are heading to Memphis for the 29th international blues challenge. This is a special all ages afternoon of New Kings Music. They will be raising money for their trip to Memphis. Bring the family for an afternoon of live music, a 50/50 raffle, face painting and balloons.
- Cost: $8 for adults over 21, $4 for 18-21, and free for those under 18