Patch users across the Philadelphia area have shown increasing interest in how to recycle or safely dispose of any number of household items. So we've put together a series of resources for you and your neighbors, including locations in Ardmore Patch and nearby. If we miss any item you want to know how to properly dispose of or recycle, please let us know in the comments.
For those looking to safely get rid of an old or unwanted cell phone in the Ardmore area, there are a number of recycling options.
Bring It In
The following stores offer varying recycling programs for old cell phones and accessories.
- AT&T accepts phones and accessories of any make or manufacturer at its stores. The company also provided postage for mail-back services.
- Verizon accepts phones and phone batteries at its locations.
- Best Buy: Area Best Buys will accept two computer items per day. Check the following locations for recycling:
- Office Depot: Office Depot accepts cell phones that are not cracked or covered in liquid. Customers must purchase special recycling boxes from the store (between $5 and $15, depending on size) to dispose of items.
- Staples: Staples locations will cell phones.
Check the Manufacturer
Many computer and electronic manufactures offer take-back and recycling programs to allow consumers to return their products safely.
The following phone manufactures offer mail-back programs for their products:
Let the County Handle It
- Montgomery County holds a number of electronic recycling events that accept cell phones. Check their info on hazardous household waste here.
- Delaware County holds several electronic recycling events that accept cell phones. Check the county's website for the dates.
- Philadelphia County holds several events throughout the year for collecting household hazardous waste, including cell phones. Check the schedule here. Residents can also drop their computers off at the Northwest Philadelphia sanitation station on Domino Lane.
- Chester County holds several events throughout the year with the next one being held on May, 19. Check for more information here.