The following is a letter to residents from West Chester Mayor Carolyn Comitta.
Please join the WC Parks and Recreation and the WC Police Department in support of the Food Bank’s “FOOD BACKPACK Program”. The Rotary Club of West Chester is holding a special “August Backpack Food Drive”, which we are supporting by placing a collection tub in the lobby of Borough Hall (Thank you, Parks and Rec’s Rich Ashenfeld, member of WC Rotaract!)
The program puts food into backpacks that go home with kids who don’t have enough to eat. The students are selected through the schools’ free lunch program. Over 12,000 Chester County children go hungry every weekend. The food they bring home in the Food Bank backpacks helps feed them and their family over the weekend.
SEE POSTER ATTACHED AND POST SO ALL ARE REMINDED!
PLEASE DONATE the MOST NEEDED non-perishable, HEALTHY items: (smaller packages, please, so the kids can manage carrying the packs home along with their books!)
- Peanut butter
- Pouches or small cans of tuna
- Healthy Cereal (12-16 oz)
- Grains: Pasta (small pouches of pasta sides and pasta meals) and Macaroni and Cheese boxes
Rice: Ready rice boxed grains
- Fruits: Fruit cups packed in 100% juice and 100% Juice boxes
- Healthy snacks: Raisins or dried fruit, Yogurt cereal bars, fruit-filled cereal bars, fruit roll-ups, granola bars, crackers (plain, peanut butter, cheese), instant pudding.
- Dairy: shelf-stable milk (Parmalat)
For more WAYS TO HELP: www.chestercountyfoodbank.org 610-873-6000
Any questions? Just ask! Come to next week’s Borough Council meetings (Tuesday and Wednesday at 7pm)and bring along some food for the collection!
Thanks for your support of our children in need,
Carolyn T. Comitta
Mayor of West Chester