The West Chester Area Education Association release the details of the proposal rejected by the school board most recently.
The following information comes from the Education Association's website.
The proposal from the union contains the following items:
1. Include Domestic Partners in the medical coverage.
2 .Increase premium share for health care plan from 10% to 12% in
the second year.
3. Increase the retiree’s Health Retirement Accountant for members
hired after 2003 from $20,000 to $35,000.
4. No change to any current retiree health benefits.
5. Reduced tuition reimbursement after Masters from 90% to 40%.
6. Increase supplementals (which have been frozen since 2009)
7. Wage increase:
a. 1st year: step and column movement half-way through the year, and an additional $500 to teachers at the top step
b. 2nd year: full step and column movement, and an additional $500 to teachers at the top step
After contract talks that began in February, the teachers and the District were reportedly $25 million apart. With their latest two year proposal, the teachers’ union has closed the gap to $1 million which includes a 3.77% raise. The teachers have given up cost of living increases and any monetary increases to the salary scale.