The following is a press release from the Campaign to Elect Carolyn Comitta.
At a lunchtime gathering, Friday, at West Chester's Municipal Building Council Chambers, Carolyn Comitta publicly announced her plan to run for re-election as Mayor of West Chester. Comitta was elected to her first term as Mayor in 2009. She was the bipartisan candidate for Mayor, having won both the Democratic and Republican Primaries.
A resident of West Chester for most of the last 45 years, Comitta is committed to preserving historic resources while allowing for complimentary economic development in West Chester. In addition to currently serving as Mayor of West Chester, Comitta is:
- Vice President and CFO of Thomas Comitta Associates, Inc, a town planning business in West Chester
- Member of the Board of Directors of World Information Transfer, Inc, a non-profit, NGO promoting health and environmental literacy in general consultation with the United Nations
- Chair of the Pennsylvania Municipal League’s University Community Network
- Member of the West Chester Area Education Foundation Board of Directors
- Member of the Dean's Advisory Board, WCU School of Music
- West Chester Film Festival Advisory Board
"It is an honor and a joy to be Mayor of the great Borough of West Chester. I am running for re-election so I can continue working together with neighbors and businesses to forge those key collaborative relationships that are essential for West Chester’s healthy future. I seek another term, so I may continue the most important work of Mayor, providing civilian oversight to the administration of our police department and bringing people together to improve the community.”
“For the last three years, Mayor Comitta has served West Chester Borough very well. She is a true advocate for the Borough and it’s citizens.” Commissioner Kathi Cozzone said. “I am honored to support her re-election and proud to call Mayor Comitta a friend.”
Former Mayor Dr. Clifford DeBaptiste, who was unable to attend the event, said in his written statement, “I am proud to stand with Mayor Comitta for her re-election because she has done outstanding work for the citizens of West Chester. She is the right person at the right time for West Chester.”