Troy Czukoski will get some time to reconsider his guilty plea after a federal judge surprisingly continued his hearing on Thursday, The Mercury is reporting.
Czukoski, the former Fugett Middle School teacher and West Chester East assistant principal who was charged with possession of child pornography in March after a months long investigation by the United States Postal Service, attempted to plead guilty but was rebuffed by US District Judge Legrome Davis, according to the paper.
After, according to The Mercury, Czukoski admitted “what I had in my possession is considered to be child pornography” and acknowledged that he was pleading guilty to “avoid stricter charges that might bring greater consequences,” the judge said he sensed “hesitation” in the educator and suggested further conversations needed to occur before he accepted the plea.
A subsequent hearing date has not yet been scheduled. Read the full story here.
Previous Patch Coverage of the Czukoski Case:
- Former Phoenixville Middle School Principal Moves to Springton Lake
- Former Phoenixville Middle School Principal Under Federal Investigation
- No Details on Federal Investigation of Former Middle School Principal
- Child Porn Charge News to Phoenixville School District
- Phoenixville School Board May Launch Czukoski Investigation
- Phoenixville to Review Child Porn Warning Signs