So it only seems fitting to give the Borough of West Chester a basic orientation for who's moving in to town. Many are returning and life in West Chester is familiar. Not so for the freshman and new transfer students. So here's a crash course on your new neighbors.
WCU Freshmen 101: A Primer for LocalsAccording to the West Chester University website there are:
- 2,304 Freshmen this fall
- 1,271 New Transfer Students this fall.
- 65 new faculty in such varied fields as accounting, finance, foreign languages, literacy, math, music education, nursing, and sports medicine
- The first residents are moving into the East Village
Apartments on South Campus. Just completed, the five buildings comprise
a total of 264 beds.
- A new parking structure at South New and West Nields streets provides
452 spaces in three and half stories; the surface lot it replaces only
offered 180 parking spaces.
- Approximately 92% of the University's freshman live on campus.
- Approximately 15,100 degree seeking students: 2,266 graduate and 12,834 undergraduate. (Fall 2012)
Tell us in the comments at the bottom of this article.