What's going on this weekend?
- When: Sunday, Jan. 20 from Noon - 3 p.m.
- Where: YMCA 605 Airport Rd, West Chester
- Why Go: Bring the kids for an afternoon of fun at the West Chester Area Y! Swim, play games and explore all that the Y has to offer. Free and open to the community.
- Cost: Free
- When: Friday, Jan. 18 from 6 - 8 p.m.
- Where: West Chester Friends School
- Why Go: The West Chester Friends School is hosting an Empty Bowl supper to benefit the West Chester Food Cupboard. Empty Bowl is a national effort to raise awareness about hunger and food insecurity in communities. Participants receive a handmade glazed bowl, a simple supper, bowl filled with soup, and bread.
- Cost: $10 per person, or $20 for families of two or more.
- When: Friday, Jan. 18 from 7 - 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Brandywine Valley Association, 1760 Unionville-Wawaset Rd, West Chester
- Why Go: Ever wonder what animals lurk at night? Join us for a howling good time as we investigate the nocturnal habits of foxes and coyotes! Touch real fur from fox and coyote; learn how to identify their tracks, scat and sounds! Bundle up because we will finish out our evening with a walk in hopes of spotting them with the help of a predator call! *Moderate walking.
- Cost: Members: $5.00 Non-members:$7.00
Artisans Exchange Indoor Food and Farmers Market
- When: Every Saturday until April 27 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Where: Golden Valley Farms 208 Carter Dr, West Chester
- Why Go: This is the region’s first indoor market featuring organically produced foods made right on premise. Enjoy browsing through over 25 local food artisans and farmers, interactive tasting sessions, hands-on demonstrations, live music and more!
- Cost: Free