Weekend Top 5: Tree Lightings, Running of the Turkeys and More
Check out these events in from Northwest Philadelphia to the Main Line and beyond this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out our top regional events for this weekend.
- When: Sunday, Nov. 18, 1 p.m.
- Where: Kildares Irish Pub, 18 W Gay Street, West Chester
- Why Go: Help kick-off the John DeBella’s Annual Turkey Drop at this very fun event. Bring a frozen turkey and run a mile through the streets of West Chester. You may transport your turkey in any manner. There will be prizes for the heaviest turkey, runners with the most turkeys, the most creative turkey carry, and the best holiday outfits.
- Cost: Frozen Turkey
- When: Friday, Nov. 16 - Sunday, Dec. 2 - Open every day from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Dec. 2 closes 4 p.m.) Closed Thanksgiving.
- Where: The Willows Mansion
- Why Go: Holiday gifts, crafts, decor, jewelry, ladies boutique, scrumptious gourmet foods, furniture, home accessories, art gallery, ceramics, baby and children's apparel, cafe for light refreshments and much more.
- Cost: $4
- When: Friday, Nov. 16, 6 - 10 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 17, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Where: The Waldorf School of Philadelphia, 7500 Germantown Ave.
- Why Go: Friday night is an adults only opportunity to shop amongst over 30 juried artisans and enjoy live music, shopping and gourmet food without the kids. Saturday, bring the whole family for a day of shopping, home-made organic foods, puppet shows, a children-only holiday shopping room, a choral performance and more.
- Cost: Friday - Free; Saturday - $5 for ages 14+
- When: Saturday, Nov. 17, 4:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Macy's Courtyard, Suburban Square
- Why Go: Get in the holiday spirit at the courtyard by Macy's this Saturday. Enjoy hot chocolate and cookies, followed by a Christmas tree lighting. The first 200 people will receive a special gift from Macy’s.
- Cost: Free
- When: Friday, Nov. 16, 6 p.m.
- Where: Christ Ascension Lutheran Church
- Why Go: Bring the family for Chestnut Hill's annual tree lighting ceremony. Enjoy an evening filled with goodies, music and family fun for the neighborhood on the church's front lawn.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Nov. 17, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 18, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Where: Radnor Valley Country Club, Villanova
- Why Go: The Main Line Antiques Show is the only antiques show on the Main Line. The show features 30 dealers offering a wide selection of fine and decorative arts, jewelry, furniture and folk art. For additional information and special events, including the opening night party, please visit their website.
- Cost: $12