Get Out: Veterans Day Parade, 5K's, Unbelievables and More
What's going on this weekend?
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Sunday, Nov. 11 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Along Gay Street departing from Darlington
- Why Go: Honor American veterans by attending the Veterans Day Parade. The memorial ceremony begins around 3 p.m. at Gay & Adams Streets. Sponsored by the West Chester Veterans Council.
- Cost: Free
- When: Friday, Nov. 9 at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: West Chester University, Emilie K. Asplundh Concert Hall
- Why Go: Imagine reading a comic book and the characters jump right off the page. These four performers are a talented quartet of entertainers, all joining forces to deliver a fun filled evening of laughter, amazement and wonder. You'll see amazing magic, have some hearty laughs, and be mystified by unblievable things you never imagined could be possible.
- Cost: Adults $20, Students $15
- When: Friday, Nov. 9 at 8 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 10 at 2 and 8 p.m.
- Where: West Chester University, Madeleine Wing Adler Theatre, Swope Performing Arts Center
- Why Go: University Dance Company’s annual fall concert, Coalescence, includes work by current WCU dance faculty, and guest artists from the Philadelphia metro area and beyond.
- Cost: $12-$15
- When: Sunday, Nov. 11. 8 a.m.
- Where: West Goshen Township Community Park
- Why Go: Come help fight diabetes at West Chester’s 1st 10 mile race. You have the option of running 5 miles or 10 miles. There will be entertainment at each mile mark along the way. Great post-race spread will be provided by Judy’s Healthy Kitchen. The course starts near West Goshen Park and runs through beautiful West Goshen Township.
- Cost: Day of Race: $40
- When: Sunday, Nov. 11. Noon
- Where: Mas Mexicali Cantina, 102 E. Market St. West Chester
- Why Go: Loop course starting and finishing at the Mas Mexicali Cantina. All proceeds go towards Philadelphia Veteran's Comfort House.
- Cost: $25