Get Out: First Friday, Fundraisers, Cavalcade of Bands and More
What's going on this weekend?
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Friday, Nov. 2 from 5 - 9 p.m.
- Where: Downtown West Chester
- Why Go: Start the shopping season on First Friday. The stores are open late, offering specials and refreshments and lots of great new items for the gift-giving season. The fun starts at 5pm.
- Cost: Free
- When: Friday, Nov. 2 at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Chester County Courthouse, the corner of High & Market Streets
- Why Go: A free jazz concert on the steps of the courthouse. The Blackbird Society Orchestra will be performing on First Friday.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Nov. 3 from 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Where: West Chester Area Senior Center
- Why Go: "A Celebration of West Chester. An All American Town." A black tie optional dinner with auction and awards. Benefits the West Chester Area Senior Center.
- Cost: $100
- When: Sunday, Nov. 4 from 4 -7 p.m.
- Where: Chester County Historical Society, 225 North High Street, West Chester
- Why Go: Come out and support the Interfaith Housing Assistance Corporation of Chester County at this wine tasting fundraiser. Wine sommeliers & tastings, food pairings, live music & silent auction items.
- Cost: $50, Reservations Required
- When: Saturday, Nov. 3 from 5 - 10 p.m.
- Where: Conestoga High School, 200 Irish Rd, Berwyn
- Why Go: The Conestoga High School and the Marching Pioneers will host their Third Annual Cavalcade of Bands competition, 'Stoga Showcase of Sound, on Saturday, November 3, 2012 starting in the late afternoon and ending by 10:00 pm. More than fourteen high school bands, including Henderson High School and WC East, will perform on Teamer Field at Conestoga High School. It will be an extravaganza of music and color guard performances, bringing over 1,000 people into the stands.
- Cost: Ticket information is available at stogamusic.com.