Get Out: Chili Cook-Off, Wine Festival, RotorFest and More
What's going on in West Chester this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 13 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Downtown West Chester, Church and Market Streets
- Why Go: Dress in your grooviest 70's themed costume and come out and run for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Prizes will be awarded to the top runners and grooviest costumes. Registration includes a free t-shirt and entry to the post-race party/costume contest at Kildare's.
- Cost: $30
- When: Saturday, Oct. 13 from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Where: East Goshen Township Park
- Why Go: Come enjoy live music, pumpkins, a giant pumpkin raffle, hayrides, a hay amphitheater for the kids, face painting by the Amerikids, games, activities and dancing. Raindate - Sunday, Oct. 14
- Cost: Free
- When: Sunday, Oct. 14 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Where: Downtown West Chester
- Why Go: Ten years ago the West Chester Rotary Club had their first annual chili cook-off to raise money for charities in need in the Greater West Chester Area. Come out and support a good cause and have some chili and fun! Purchase a wrist ban for $10 and sample as much chili as you want from over 70 different chili cooking teams. There will also be vendors selling other food, as well as a Kid's Zone, and the Eagles game playing live on big screen TVs located on the street during the festival. Please come out and support this worthy cause, and have a whole lot of fun while you are at it.
- Cost: $10
- When: Sunday, Oct. 14, Noon - 4 p.m.
- Where: Dilworthtown Inn, 1390 Old Wilmington Pike
- Why Go: This wine festival benefits The Cancer Program of The Chester County Hospital and Neighborhood Hospice. General admission will allow you to enjoy the Grand Tasting of more than 100 wines, Performance Car Show, Live Entertainment, Silent Auction and Shopping Gallery. Food is available for purchase from the Gourmet Food Tent.
- Cost: $35 in advance/$40 at the door
- When: Saturday, Oct. 13 and Sunday Oct. 14
- Where: American Helicopter Museum
- Why Go: This is the only ALL helicopter air show in America! 90-minute daily featuring a United States Army Special Operations Command Parachute Team, Military helicopters, Coast Guard, Police, News, Medevac and Civilian chopper demonstrations! Food, tours, amusement rides, helicopter rides and free parking. Daily from 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Cost: $15.00 Adults, $10.00 for Children.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 13 at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: West Goshen Community Park
- Why Go: This is the last movie at the park this year. Bring the family out and enjoy Mirror Mirror under the stars.
- Cost: Free - Donation of dry goods is encouraged.